The brewery of merchant Lapin
The last owner of the brewery was the Pskov merchant Lev Alekseevich Lapin at the beginning of the 20th century. The Merchant Lapin brewery was closed and ceased to exist during the First World War, but our group of enthusiasts was able to revive production, resume production, creating a wide range of different drinks.
Made in Pskov - it's cool!
Nikita has established himself in a professional environment as a brewer responsible for the high level of quality and excellent taste of the product.
A close-knit team of like-minded people helps Nikita to achieve the success of the The brewery of merchant Lapin.
Production stages of our beer
What makes us different from all breweries?
The answer is simple: basically, for our product, WE GROW RAW MATERIALS BY OURSELVES!
own hop plantation
and roasting malt
History of the brewery
For the first time production buildings appeared on the "island"district near the wall of the round about city on the plan of the city of Pskov in 1774.
We know that the brewery was located in an "island" distric from historical documents of the first half of the 19th century. Grain was malted for beer production in the building of the chambers, which are known as "Solodezhnya" on Gogol Street now, the former Nikolskaya Street.
At that time, the brewery and the malting house already belonged to the merchant Voronin Prokhor Dmitrievich, and later to his brother, who sold the brewing production to the merchant of the first guild F.A. Quest. In 1858 the plant changed its owner.
It was the chamberlain of the court of His Imperial Majesty, Baron Alexander Borisovich Fiitingof, who remained the owner of the enterprise until the end of the 19th century.
In 1890, with the help of 4 workers, the plant produced more than 280 thousand liters of finished products. 6 years later, in 1896, the plant's staff totaled 28 people.
The last owner of the brewery at the beginning of the 20th century was the Pskov merchant Lev Alekseevich Lapin. During the First World War, the Brewery of merchant Lapin was closed and ceased to exist.
Subsequently, the houses of the merchant family became ordinary dwelling houses of the townspeople of the Soviet era. These buildings have survived to this day at st. Gogol, 50. Thanks to the works of local historians and archival documents that have preserved the history of the Brewery of merchant Lapin to this day.
Our group of enthusiasts was able to revive production, resume production, creating a wide range of different drinks.